Thesis appendices example
eLetters : Information on submitting letters to the editor.
Writing for an Audience
Who is your audience?
- Researchers working in analogous field areas
elsewhere in the world (. other strike-slip faults,
other deep sea fans).
- Researchers working in your field area, but with
- Researchers working on the same interval of geologic
time elsewhere in the world.
- All other researchers using the same technique you
have used .
- If your study encompasses an active process,
researchers working on the same process in the ancient
- Conversely, if your study is based on the rock
record, people studying modem analogs.
- People writing a synthesis paper on important new
developments in your field.
- People applying earth science to societal problems
(. earthquake hazard reduction, climate warming)
who will try to understand your paper.
- Potential reviewers of your manuscript or your
Journal article :
Randy, R. U., and I. R. Hott, 1988, Sedimentology and stratigraphy of
the Podunk Formation, Humble County, Ohio: Journal of Unreproducible Results, v. 1,
no. 3, p. 45-67.